Immigration Services

Immigration Services

Green Cards

Extraordinary Ability Immigrant Visa Petition

In order to qualify in the EB-11 category as a person of extraordinary ability, you must demonstrate "sustained national or international acclaim and recognition for achievements" and that you have risen to the top of your field. This is a high legal standard, and we will carefully evaluate your credentials before proceeding with the case.

Sustained acclaim can be demonstrated through either evidence of a one-time achievement (a major, internationally recognized award such as the Nobel Prize or an Academy Award) or through evidence of at least three (3) of the following regulatory criteria:
  • Receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor.
  • Membership in associations in the field that require outstanding achievements of their members, as judged by recognized national or international experts.
  • Published material in professional or major trade publications or major media about you, relating to your work in the field.
  • Participation on a panel, or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied field.
  • Original scientific or scholarly contributions of major significance.
  • Authorship of scholarly articles in the field, in professional journals, major trade publications, or other major media.
  • Evidence that you have performed in a critical or leading role for organizations or establishments that have a distinguished reputation.
  • Evidence that you have commanded a high salary or other remuneration for services.
  • Display of your work at artistic exhibitions or showcases.
  • Evidence of commercial successes in the performing arts, as shown by box office receipts or record, cassette, compact disc, or video sales.
In addition to meeting the criteria above, you must also show that you will be working in your field of expertise once your permanent residence is granted. In that regard, you need to show that you are either currently employed or have prospective employment offers in your field.

Together with your EB-11 petition, you may submit your Application to Adjust Status to U.S. permanent residence if there is no immigrant visa backlog in your preference category. Alternatively, you may seek immigrant visa status by applying at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in your home country.

21700 Oxnard Street, Suite 860, Woodland Hills, CA 91367 T 818.435.3500 F 818.435.3535